Subject: Fw: Comdex Las Vegas 2003

Bill is reaching out one last time to try and include WSRP in this session. Any volunteers?

Rich

----- Forwarded by Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM on 09/26/2003 01:52 PM -----
"Bill Cullifer" <bill@joinwow.org>

09/26/2003 01:16 PM

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Comdex Las Vegas 2003

Rich,

Thanks for taking my call today. As a follow-up to our conversation, I would like to explore the possibilities of the WSRP participating in the session:

Web Services Today: Core Technologies and Issues
Tuesday, November 18, 10:15-11:15 a.m.
This session describes the landscape of Web Services today and establish the building blocks for other sessions. This session focuses on providing information on Web services technologies including J2EE, .Net, XML, and standards such as WSFL, BPML, BPEL, WSRP and JSR168, WS-Security, WS-Reliable Messaging and BTP.  Also discussed will be the dominant perspectives for consistent and pervasive delivery of Web Services and what's functionality technically required to implement production quality Web Services.

Attendees will learn:
Moderator:
 Max Dolgicer, Technical Director, International Systems Group (ISG), Inc. [mdolgicer@isg-inc.com]

Presenters:
Neal Ford, CTO The DSW Group, Ltd. nford@thedswgroup.com
Rob Cheng, Principal Product Manger Web Services, Spokesperson WSI Committee rob.cheng@oracle.com

WOW also would like to know if you have any thoughts on speakers for the following sessions:

Comdex Las Vegas November 17-22, 2003

Call for Speakers

Dear Potential Comdex-Speaker,

Greetings from the World Organization of Webmasters (WOW). We are the organization who has partnered with Comdex to host the Web Services and Internet-focused technology conference in Las Vegas, November 17-22, 2003.

In an effort to make this next conference even better than before, we have added a 4 additional sessions to our 21 session program and we would invite you to consider participating as a speaker.

Please note: All speaking opportunities are on a volunteer basis, and will not be paid nor reimbursed for expenses. Also, we cannot accept attachments. The due date for submissions is Thursday the 2nd of October 2003. If you or someone you know might have an interest in participating please sent a note to robert@joinwow.org

Thanks in advance for your submission.

Session 1

Testing Tools for Web Services
Tuesday, November 18, 11:30-12:30 p.m
Quality Assurance (QA) is a conventional method of ensuring that technologies are consistent and meet the specific goals of the project. In order to achieve quality, testing methodologies are put into the life cycle of any development project. But how are Web services tested? This session provides tools, techniques, and helpful tips to ensure that anyone deploying Web services can expertly manage QA concerns. This, in turn, provides stability within the framework as well as securing ROI by saving money and time avoiding problems that slip through without QA testing procedures in place.

Attendees will learn:

*Why QA is so critical in Web services deployment
*A testing practices currently in use
*What tools are available to assist with the QA process

Session 2

.NET for Web Services Applications Development
Thursday, November 20, 10:15 11:15 a.m.
Are you migrating Web Services to the .NET framework, and if so, what's the best way to do so? How can you ensure that your .NET Web Services applications are secure? Do standards influence .NET and if so, how? This session addresses these important questions, and provides helpful guidelines for using the .NET framework to create effective Web services applications.

Attendees will learn:
*Migrating applications from ASP to the .NET Framework *Securing .NET Web services applications *Understanding interoperability issues within .NET applications

Session 3

ASP.NET: Best Practices and Techniques for Building Secure ASP.NET Applications Thursday, November 20, 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. Learn how to build secure Web applications and services using ASP.NET.  This session covers best practices for authentication, authorization, safe techniques for secret storage, error handling, site configuration, and data validation.  We walk through a hardened ASP.NET sample application that demonstrates these principles.

Session 4

Markup for Accessibility
Wednesday, November 19, 2-3:15 P.M.
Sure, you’ve heard that accessibility is important, especially if you work for government agencies or educational institutions. You also probably know a bit about how to add accessibility features to your markup. But this course delves cares less about teaching you the why of accessibility and more about the how. You’ll delve deep into markup, showing you specifically how to address accessibility issues using special elements and attributes specifically created for accessible documents. Topics covered include: creating accessible tables, creating jump-links in CSS-based layouts, clarifying natural language use, enhancing keyboard and alternative device integration, and providing alternative resources for embedded objects.

Attendees will learn:
?What elements and attributes are available to aid in creating accessible tables ?Best markup practices for assisting those using special devices ?The roles of CSS in accessible site delivery and deployment

Robert Luster
robert@joinwow.org
http://www.joinwow.org

Bill Cullifer