Subject: Fw: TC meetings at New Orleans

As you can see, OASIS is encouraging TCs (via the chairs mailing list) to co-locate F2F meetings. I think the key question is whether we would want to delay the March F2F by yet another 8 weeks. My first inclination is to not do such a delay, but I do also want to encourage the efforts by OASIS staff to do such co-locations. This combination for me suggests encouraging them to plan such a co-location for later in the year (e.g. the XML 2004 conference) such that there is enough lead time for TCs to do appropriate planning.

I am copying here the original suggestion for our reference:
Hi all!

The OASIS TAB is busy making preparations for the OASIS TAB Symposium 2004
to be held in New Orleans, LA on 26 - 27 April. They will be releasing the
CfP shortly. We will be holding the OASIS AGM and a reception as well. We
are making some TC meeting space available for 28 - 29 April at the same
location. As usual, OASIS will cover the cost of the meeting rooms and the
TC will be responsible for the phone and AV. I need to know ASAP if your TC
is interested.

We are in final negotiations with a four star hotel and we are very excited
about this location and the obvious amenities of such a popular destination,
not to mention that the New Orleans Jazz Festival runs during this time, see
<
http://www.nojazzfest.com/>.

Dee

Any thoughts or comments?

Rich

----- Forwarded by Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM on 01/15/2004 03:12 PM -----
"Karl F. Best" <karl.best@oasis-open.org>

01/15/2004 02:55 PM
Please respond to
karl.best

Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, jevdemon@microsoft.com, martin.chapman@oracle.com, Eric.Newcomer@iona.com, Heather Kreger/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, winston_bumpus@dell.com, tom@coastin.com, Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, ckaler@microsoft.com
cc
"Jamie.clark" <Jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>, dee.schur@oasis-open.org
Subject
TC meetings at New Orleans

Web Services TC chairs:

I'm sure that you've seen the announcement about the OASIS Symposium and
co-lo'ed TC meetings in New Orleans in April.

I would like to suggest that it would be a *very* good thing to have all
of the web services TCs meeting there. We (staff) have arranged for TC
meetings facilities at the Symposium event as a way to encourage the
various OASIS TCs to work together. We've received some positive
response from a good number of TCs, but we'd especially like to see the
TCs from JCs, member sections, and other logical groups meeting together
because there is so much to be gained from collaborative work between
TCs working on common topics.

I hope that your TCs will give some serious thought to this offer.
Please contact Jamie, Dee, or myself if you have any questions about
this event or the logistics, etc.

-Karl

Karl F. Best
Vice President, OASIS
office  +1 978.667.5115 x206     mobile +1 978.761.1648
karl.best@oasis-open.org      http://www.oasis-open.org