Subject: [Fwd: Re: [wsrp] Fw: OASIS to brief analysts on Web services standards]

fyi - meant to CC the list as well.

Atul
--- Begin Message ---

Rich,

I'm pleased to note that Sun just announced implementations of both the WSRP Producer and Consumer in the Sun Java System Portal Server as part of the overall Java Enterprise System release.

Here's the release announcement -
    http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2004-06/sunflash.20040601.2.html

The Java Enterprise System offers support for both the server and client implementations of the OASIS Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP) specification version 1.0, with the ability to both produce and consume conforming Web services. Using WSRP, the Java Enterprise System can now integrate remote applications and services – whether Java or .NET – in literally minutes vs. months. The Java Enterprise System implementation provides full featured and configurable capabilities for administering the WSRP services.

Could you please pass this on to Carol as well.

Thanks

Atul

Rich Thompson wrote:

Which WSRP implementations are currently available will be an interesting piece of information to send to Carol. I know of Plumtree, Oracle and IBM announcements and the Apache project is by definition available. Any others whose announcements I missed?

Rich

----- Forwarded by Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM on 06/04/2004 10:58 AM -----
"Carol Geyer" <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>

06/03/2004 06:43 PM

<kswenson@us.fujitsu.com>, <Roberto_B_Pascual@ida.gov.sg>, <ewlee@simtech.a-star.edu.sg>, <peter.reynolds@bowneglobal.ie>, Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "'John Evdemon'" <jevdemon@microsoft.com>, <martin.chapman@oracle.com>, "'Eric Newcomer'" <Eric.Newcomer@iona.com>, Heather Kreger/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "'Winston Bumpus'" <winston_bumpus@dell.com>, <vbp@hp.com>, <peter_niblett@uk.ibm.com>, <tom@coastin.com>, <D.Snelling@fle.Fujitsu.com>, "'Dr Ian Robinson'" <ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com>, Tom Bellwood/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>, <luc.clement@systinet.com>, Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, <ckaler@microsoft.com>
cc
"'James Bryce Clark'" <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>, "'Patrick Gannon'" <patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org>
Subject
OASIS to brief analysts on Web services standards

Chairs of OASIS Web services TCs,
This month, OASIS begins an international tour to brief analysts and key
editors on our work in Web services standards. Patrick Gannon and members of
the OASIS Board of Directors will be meeting with the media in various
cities around the world to help them better understand the full breadth of
our Web services efforts (more than 14 TCs are directly involved) and our
accomplishments to date.

Naturally, analysts and editors are always anxious to hear about adoption,
and it's great when we can point to actual implementations and use cases of
our Web services standards at work. If your TC is aware of deployments of
your specifications--implementations we can mention to editors--please let
me know. Concrete examples will strengthen our message and help us promote
your efforts as effectively as possible.

Best regards,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications