Subject: [wsrp] [CR306] - Add default cacheControl

Document: Spec
Section: 5.1.11
Requested by: Subbu Allamaraju

Old Text:
New Text:   [O] CacheControl    cacheControl

Reasoning: We currently allow Producers to return cacheControl along with markup so that the Consumer can try to cache the markup. However, the Consumer will not know a priori whether a portlet's markup can be cached or not. Some portlet programming models such as JSR168 allow portlet developers to specify a default cache interval with the portlet's metadata. In the current protocol, there is no means for exposing this metadata to Consumers at discovery time in an interoperable manner.

By adding this field to the PortletDescription we can align WSRP with JSR168 more tightly.

Errata? no