Subject: Re: [wsrp] WSRP and DOCTYPE

A use case came up recently at work. In this case, the portlet markup is
generated by a third-party reporting software. That software assumed
quirks mode, but the consumer is setting strict mode. Currently, this
was fixed by making the consumer set quirks mode DOCTYPE. I think they
had to fix some consumer-generated markup (for the aggregated page) to
make it render well in their browser-of-choice.

I'm not sure what happens if the consumer sets quirks mode but portlets
render standard mode.

The argument that was put to me is that if the producer is made aware of
the DOCTYPE by the consumer, we can at least say "I told you so" :).

Is anyone aware of similar problems across other (non-html) markup types?

Subbu