Subject: RE: [wsrp] Q's on publicParameters

I would like us to separate the discussion of events from the discussion
of publicParameters. These are two different mechanisms with the only
relation being that there may be a use case for the consumer
"intercepting" events and passing them as publicParameters (but that
requires the consumer to "remember" the event data, since it must resend
the publicParameters on each markup interface operation).

Regarding notes 1&2, which really relate to the events mechanism and not
directly to publicParameters, we agreed that there is a strong use case
for consumers that understand, map, and translate events, firstly in
order to send them as events to other portlets. This is the main reason
for the EventDescription structure and specifically the "type" attribute
in it. This contains (points to) the metadata needed to parse an event
payload.

I am not sure I see value in having a big common events catalogue,
though we did define some WSRP level events (see section 6.11 in the
spec draft), and maybe more events on this level are needed.
I think the reality will be that consumers can "auto-wire" events from
the same vendor (where the event names and structures will be constant),
but it will have to manually wire events across vendors. I believe also
some de-facto standard event types will be created by the big content
vendors which satellite vendors will latch onto.
Maybe at some point in the future, there will be interest in defining
vertical event catalogs, but that should not be part of the WSRP work.

	Yossi.