Subject: Re: [wsrp] [CR310] - Add doctype fields

This change request raises a couple of questions for me:
1. Will the Consumer always "know" the doctype for what will be returned to the user agent at the time it invokes getMarkup? I think the answer is "yes", but we should review this carefully.
2. Are there other characteristics of the aggregated page that the Portlet could make good use of? Currently we have locale, mime type and character set ... any others?

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

02/02/2005 11:19 AM

wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
Re: [wsrp] [CR310] - Add doctype fields

For the reasoning, I meant to say

"Due to the legacy nature of web, some portal sites are designed to
generate either _strict_ or quirks mode HTML ..."

I missed "strict" in my request sent to Rich.

Subbu