Subject: Groups - WSRP TC call modified

WSRP TC call has been modified by Atul Batra

Date:  Thursday, 24 March 2005
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
USA Toll Free Number: 1-866-769-7222
USA Toll Number: 1-203-566-0687
PASSCODE: 849091

Agenda:
1. Accept minutes?

2. SC reports/issues
 2.a Interoperability (Richard)
 2.b Conformance (Rich)
 2.c WSDL (Andre)
 2.d PFB (Richard)
 2.e Coordination (Rich)
 2.f Interfaces (Mike)
  - Recomendation to add CC/PP Proposal to v2 draft
 2.g Primer (Subbu)

3. FAQ issues/discussion (Clinton)

4. Errata items
 4.1 CR304a - "extra" schema file - types schema now imports and uses NamedString ... comments?
 4.2 CR310 - Add doctype field?
 4.3 CR311 - Refer to "event driven portal applications"?
 4.4 CR312 - Clarify InvalidSession fault description
 4.5 CR313 - Discourage use of InvalidCookie fault

5. V2 Specification
 5.1 Draft 06 is the current version.
 5.2 Open Issues and Proposed resolutions:
  5.2.1 Issue #39: Should the default for supportsExportByValue depend on export being supported?

  5.2.2 Issue #42: Metadata needed concerning support for leasing? [email discussion hasn't happened]

  5.2.3 Issue #38: Operation signature style - Types vs parameter names vs both vs ...

  5.2.4 Issue #37: Encourage POP handles be UID (Mike was missing from previous discussion where the consensus was to not add a statement to this effect)

  5.2.5 Issue #35: Producer policy change which impacts a registrations' lifetime - Does such a policy change result in a ModifyRegistrationRequired fault prior to the new lifetime expiring? [Note impact on this by the  debate around defining an event to notify the Consumer about such changes]

6. April F2F: April 27-29 (follows OASIS Symposium in New Orleans) - plan for 9-5 all three days
- Goal: Close all issues which will be allowed to impact v2.
- Dietary issues for the provided lunches? [I currently know of Stefan and Rich's dietary restrictions]
- If possible hosts for a European F2F this fall could contact Rich, it would assist planning.

7. OASIS Symposium: Requesting that each TC provide a representative for the "lightning round" where each TC's work, status and plans will be quickly declared.

8. Other items?

Minutes:
Minutes of WSRP TC Call 24 March 2005

Meeting started at 8:00AM PST

Quorum was reached (13 members in attendance)

1. Accept minutes?
Yes, accepted

2. SC reports/issues
 2.a Interoperability (Richard)
 2.b Conformance (Rich)
 2.c WSDL (Andre)
 2.d PFB (Richard)
Richard gave an update on the PBF UDDI TN. He has been trying to contact
Bill Cox to move this forward. Luc Clemen from UDDI TC helping out.

Proposal to publish as TC TN and then this can be folded into the
OASIS naming convention documents later on.

 2.e Coordination (Rich)
 2.f Interfaces (Mike)
  - Recommendation to add CC/PP Proposal to v2 draft
CC/PP proposal was approved by Interfaces SC for folding into spec. Anyone have
questions?
No objections, to be incorporated into v2 draft.

 2.g Primer (Subbu)
Subbu will start working on a proposal for a v2 draft.
Clinton asked if this will be a new document.
Subbu has ideas on this, need to debate.

3. FAQ issues/discussion (Clinton)

To be updated. Need to get more feedback from everyone and incorporate.

4. Errata items
 4.1 CR304a - "extra" schema file - types schema now imports and uses NamedString ... comments?

Rich noted that NamedString moved to new schema.
Question was whether types schema should use the new extra schema or
import from existing v1 schema.

Richard asked if it would be appropriate to keep NamedString in old schema.
Subbu had a similar question relating to backwards compatibility.

Richard posed the question on whether we know how apps will use v1 vs v2?

Subbu also asked if expect v1 consumers to work with v2 producers? The fundamental
question is of how users see the versioning problem?
Once that is answered, then the follow up is how we generate.

Atul noted that as far as the practical aspect goes, v1 still ramping up, once
v2 comes out - we may see interest in using v2 quicker than we envision.

Subbu reiterated that figuring out the namespace issue is key here.

Rich noted that with new namespace, we can have v2 have it's unique things
in its namespace, and reuse v1 as far as possible.

Subbu added that if we are changing a type, we have to extend it. We also
need to make sure if v1 consumers/producers can understand it.

Rex suggested that one option is to import the v1 namespace into v2.
Subbu said that he has started to test that.
Clinton noted that the key is that you end up with a unique namespace

Rich noted that choice was one of the thing that was not working in v1 timeframe,
and that we have begun testing again recently.

Clinton to report to Axis the latest set of issues ("any" attribute).

Rich asked if we want to have the next posted WSDL (with CC/PP support) to
leverage the v1 types as much as possible?

Should the Primer have a section of upgrading v1 producer to v2.

Overall, this discussion to be kept open.

 4.2 CR310 - Add doctype field?
This was Subbu's request. Good candidate as well as known thing in public params
space..
Comments?

Keep open. Look to resolve in 2 weeks.

 4.3 CR311 - Refer to "event driven portal applications"?
This one is Yossi's proposal.

Subbu had comment that spec does not define what a portal application
is and that not all consumers are portals.
How about "Event driven portlet" applications?

Attempt to resolve in two weeks.

 4.4 CR312 - Clarify InvalidSession fault description

Subbu had some email exchanges on this.
Proposal is about making comment to producers to not throw fault if they can just
re-establish the session.

Revisit in two weeks.

 4.5 CR313 - Discourage use of InvalidCookie fault

Subbu had brought up.

This one is about adding on to the description of the fault, i.e. discouraging
the use of the fault.

Mike Caffin asked a separate question - what is the distinction between
per user, per group semantics for cookies.

5. V2 Specification
 5.1 Draft 06 is the current version.
Rich noted that this went out recently.

 5.2 Open Issues and Proposed resolutions:
  5.2.1 Issue #39: Should the default for supportsExportByValue depend on export being supported?

Andre had wondered if this should be driven by whether export is supported.
Mike Freedman had the view that we do not require this.

If folks can think about this, that would be great.

  5.2.2 Issue #42: Metadata needed concerning support for leasing? [email discussion hasn't happened]
Andre to send email on this to the group.

  5.2.3 Issue #38: Operation signature style - Types vs parameter names vs both vs ...
Copy portlets brought this up.
How about changing all of them to param names? Existing ones, lower casing the first letter.
In copy portlets use the style as we have now, with "to" and "from".
Other suggestions?
  No

  5.2.4 Issue #37: Encourage POP handles be UID (Mike was missing from previous discussion where the consensus was to not add a statement to this effect)
Followup with Mike Freedman in two weeks.

  5.2.5 Issue #35: Producer policy change which impacts a registrations' lifetime - Does such a policy change result in a ModifyRegistrationRequired fault prior to the new lifetime expiring? [Note impact on this by the debate around defining an event to notify the Consumer about such changes]
Debate in SC on predefined events. Key topic for next 2 weeks.

6. April F2F: April 27-29 (follows OASIS Symposium in New Orleans) - plan for 9-5 all three days
- Goal: Close all issues which will be allowed to impact v2.
- Dietary issues for the provided lunches? [I currently know of Stefan and Rich's dietary restrictions]
No one else.

- If possible hosts for a European F2F this fall could contact Rich, it would assist planning.
Rich thinking mid Sept or even later. Hopefully post 2.0 effort.
Need input from others.

7. OASIS Symposium: Requesting that each TC provide a representative for the "lightning round" where each TC's work, status and plans will be quickly declared.
Tuesday night. 2 or 3 minutes. Right before the annual meeting. No volunteers. Rich can step into that role.

8. Other items?

Meeting ended 9:00AM PST

This event is one in a list of recurring events.
Other event dates in this series:

Thursday, 27 January 2005, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 10 February 2005, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 24 February 2005, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 10 March 2005, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 07 April 2005, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET
Thursday, 21 April 2005, 11:00am to 12:00pm ET

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsrp/event.php?event_id=6796

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

Referenced Items
Date            Name                             Type