Subject: Re: [wsrp] Rationale for encouraging POP handles be UIDs

Resending to whole list with edited first sentence [so its actually a
sentence]

Yes,  that is one manifestation of the scenario.  The type of situation
this may commonly occur in is when the two installations of the Producer
are different versions [of the same producer].  If one version has
removed a portlet from a prior version its conceivable/allowable for the
removed POP handle to be resused.

Basically, I am asking us to codify the rules for how a consumer
establishes the relationship between the POPs in these two registrations.
     -Mike-