Subject: Re: [wsrp] Rationale for encouraging POP handles be UIDs

Since the Producer chose to return different portletHandles for POPs, as
far as the Consumer is concerned, there are two different sets of portlets.

If you are talking about different *versions* of the same portlet,
unfortunately we don't have any semantics to denote versioning, and
compatibility guidelines. But it way be worthwhile to pursue that.

But without such facilities, I'm not sure if the Consumer can safely
assume that the new set of portlets are the same as the old set of
portlets. That may be a risky thing to do.

Subbu