Subject: Re: [wsrp] WSRP V2 schema changes

Some additional number for our consideration:

v1 defined 52 types
v2 added 21 types and modified 10 types (though some of those changes ripple to cause others to be modified at the schema level.
Schema required an additional 5 definitions to capture that lower level definitions changed (again, ignoring the wrapper types)

Defining new types for adding the scheduled destruction field just when a PortletContext or RegistrationContext are returned could eliminate 4 of the redefinitions of the types used to wrap up the parameters (though I did not count these above)

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

04/28/05 12:29 AM

wsrp <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
[wsrp] WSRP V2 schema changes

I've looked at the kind of changes introduced in the schema so far. I've
grouped these changes into few categories. For extended/redefined types,
I've indicated the causes for such a change next to each type.

Few points for further discussion:

- Revisit the motivation for *fixing* the ID and Handle types
- Revisit the motivation for changing core types such as PortletContext
and RegistrationContext

If we were to revert the changes for these types, the types listed with
[*] remain will remain unchanged from V1.

Note that this grouping may have errors, but it provides a rough idea of
changes made so far.

Changes to basic types
----------------------
These are changes from xs:string to v1types:ID and v1types:Handle for
portletHandle, sessionID, and groupID.

** I noticed that these changes are not conistent. There are some places
sessionID is used as xs:string.

Extended types
--------------
These are types created by using xs:extension and adding new
elements/attributes.

RegistrationState - scheduledDestruction
RegistrationContext - RegistrationState [*]
MarkupContext - ccppProfileWarning
ClientData - CCPPHeaders
PropertyDescription - capabilities

Redifined shared types
----------------------
SessionContext - sessionID [*]
RuntimeContext - sessionID and publicParameters
PortletContext - portletHandle, scheduledDestruction [*]
PortletDescription - groupID, publishedEvents, handledEvents,
publicParameterDescriptions
ModelDescription - PropertyDescription

Redefined types specific to each interface

Service Description Interface
   ServiceDescription - eventDescriptions, supportsExportByValue,
recommendedExportSize
   GetServiceDescription - RegistrationContext [*]

Markup Interface
   InitCookie - RegistrationContext [*]
   MarkupResponse - MarkupContext, SessionContext
   MarkupParams - ClientData
   UpdateResponse - Events
   BlockingInteractionResponse - UpdateResponse
   GetMarkup - PortletContext, RuntimeContext, MarkupParams
   PerformBlockingInteraction - PortletContext, RuntimeContext,
MarkupParams
   releaseSessions - RegistrationContext, sessionIDs [*]

Registration Interface
   register - lifetime
   modifyRegistration - RegistrationContext

Portlet Management Interface
   PortletDescriptionResponse - PortletDescription
   DestroyFailed - portletHandle of type v1types:Handle [*]
   GetPortletDescription - registrationContext, portletContext
   clonePortlet - registrationContext, portletContext [*]
   destroyPortlets - registrationContext, portletContext [*]
   DestroyFailedResponse - destroyFailed [*]
   setPortletProperties - registrationContext, portletContext [*]
   setPortletPropertiesResponse - PortletContext [*]
   getPortletProperties - registrationContext, portletContext [*]
   getportletPropertyDescription - registrationContext, portletContext [*]
   PortletPropertyDescriptionResponse - ModelDescription