Subject: MeetingNotes-Minutes-05-19-05

Hi Folks,

I always include the actual minutes in the email I send separate from
Kavi when I do minutes of TC meeting. It gives everyone a handy way
to send me corrections.

Regards,
Rex

1.Accept minutes?
Yes.

2. SC reports/issues
  2.a Interoperability (Richard)
  2.b Conformance (Rich)
  2.c WSDL (Andre)
  2.d PFB (Richard)
  2.e Coordination (Rich)
  2.f Interfaces (Mike)
  2.g Primer (Subbu)

	Richard was absent due to illness and Andre was not on the
call at the start, so there were no reports for the Interoperability,
WSDL and PFB SCs.

	Conformance:
	Rich reported that he had uploaded a new version of the
Conformance statements.xls  with the deltas for v2.0

	Coordination;
	?(no notes for this)

	Interfaces:
	Mike reported that the Interoperability SC had met last week,
starting the new regimen of meeting weekly to work the v2.0 issues
for the TC meetings to be less frequent and lessen the attendance
constraints, while we are working these issues, in aid of getting
Version 2.0 ready for a vote for committee draft status to start the
new 60-day public comment period. He said they had covered the issues
to be addressed in the TC meeting today.

3.FAQ issues/discussion (Clinton)
Clinton asked for more comments on v2.0 FAQ and Mike said he would
accommodate soon. The issue of whether to have a separate v2.0 FAQ or
to have a "What's New" section was briefly discussed.

4. F2F action items
4.1.Check the impact of using the schema extension concept on impact
in their code. While we developed the numbers of types impacted if
the v2 schema extends types from the v1 schema, this was the missing
piece we wanted feedback on before making a decision.

Rich asked for comments/guidance from company groups implementing the
extensions of schemas for types was preferred for well-known
extensions or if there was a preference for redefining this for v2.0
as a whole.

4.2.Review the current FAQ making comments on current Q&A and
proposing new questions (1 sentence questions with 2-3 sentence
answers + links to more material)

Clinton asked for comments on the current Q & A.

4.3Get feedback from your organization about which of the three new
IPR modes is preferred and which are acceptable. This info will be
important when we need to select an IPR mode for the TC and may take
some time for some organizations to develop.

Rich asked for feedback from the legal departments for company
policies related to the impending IPR issues positions which the TC
must eventually vote on. He said he would post a url for the
appropriate section of the TC-Process document.

4.4(Mike Freedman) Propose a solution for JSF-like Consumers (i.e.
those that use an encapsulating form)

Mike said he was not encouraged about this approach, and said that he
comes back with more on this, he would have a specific proposal for
tokenizing that will have a description of issues involved in
encapsulating forms, and specifically mentioned that the Producer
needed to be included somewhat.

4.5(Subbu) Detail use case(s) for allowing Portlets to return a
redirectURL from handleEvents
Subbu said he was still working on the issues involved in this.

4.6(Subbu) Propose (with Richard) a solution to the
customUserProfileItems issue
Subbu noted that Richard's illness delayed this.

4.7(Atul) Propose a definition for a wsrp:config mode

Atul said that he would continue working this. Rich said that it
should be optional if included. Mike said it should be included in
the Appendix for JSR 168 issues, in this case related to what WSRP
allows in "custom" modes. Rich mentioned that we would be happy to
host similar work for other platforms, such as .Net.

4.8(Andre) Review available and intended support for MTOM by the
major web stacks.

4.9(Rich) Publish a draft 09 capturing F2F decisions (target = 5/6)

Done.

4.10(Rich) Develop a conformance statement delta for Conformance SC review

Done.

5.CR304a - "extra" schema file ... experience? Comments?

This is the issue related to 4.1 where we need comments/guidance on
whether to stay with the practice of having an "extra" namespace of
well-known extensions with schemas for "NamedString" etc. or to
overhaul it for v2.0.

Mike is in favor of continuing it as a convenience, and also as a way
to encourage interoperability in the realm of extensions.

6. V2 Specification
6.Draft 09 is the current version.

  6.2 Open Issues:
6.2.1Issue #35: Producer policy change which impacts a registrations'
lifetime. [Tentative resolution: Add a ResourceSuspended fault and a
3 stage lifecycle for resources (registrations and CCPs)]

Done-reflected in Draft 09.

There appears to be some confusion around the RegistrationState and
RegistrationContext pertaining the 3-stage lifecycle, and it was
decided to review it more in the next Interfaces SC meeting.

6.2.2Issue #44: Add feedback mechanism to public parameter model?

There was some confusion about consistency and details of
HandleEventFailed with regard to options: ConsumerID, Event Qname,
index of array (specifying if it is 0-based or  1-based ). It is
somewhat out of the norm with our common format for failed items [ ]
+ fault code + localized string.
Rich will rework the client data structure-6.1.19

7.Next F2F scheduled for October 4-7, 2005 in Dublin, Ireland
(Citrix); preliminary goal = discuss and prioritize v3 use cases; if
possible, cast into features with owners

Andre confirmed Dublin, Ireland for the next F@F.

8.Other items?
Next TC meeting set for June 17 and 23, holding 23 in reserve in case
we need it to get a final vote on v2.0 for committee draft status.
--
Rex Brooks
President, CEO