Subject: Some commets on CR304a

Regarding the purpose and role of the extra namespace, Mike and others
have pointed that types in this namespace could be used to provide some
formal mapping between JSR168 and WSRP.

I can see the value, but I was wondering if anyone tried using
NamedString to define such mappings, and willing to share some examples?

Based on some samples I tried out, it seems that we cannot guarantee
interop between implementations with the current definition of
NamedString. If there is a strong requirement for using this type in
extensions, should we consider changing the type of the "name" attribute
from "xs:string" to QName?

If we decide to keep this element, I would also suggest renaming
NamedString to something else in the extra namespace to avoid confusion.

Rich - I noticed that the NamedString definitions in v1 and extra
schemas are slightly different. The extra namespace uses value as an
attribute while v1 defines value as an element. Was this intentional?