Subject: RE: [wsrp] User Profile Items - Draft Proposal

It's a bit miss leading to claim UserProfile elements can't be extended
in 1.0. While I'm not opposed to using properties as a extension
mechanism, I think the intent was to allow each of the UserProfile
sub-elements to be extensible? E.g. EmployerInfo could carry standard
codes for type-of-business in an extension element using some existing
XML schema. Therefore, would it not be better to leave custom values to
XML as an extension, at the appropriate level, relying on namespacing,
rather than forcing a property model to be in use at the profile level?

Regards,
Andre

-----Original Message-----
From: Subbu Allamaraju [mailto:subbu@bea.com]
Sent: 31 May 2005 20:46
To: wsrp
Subject: [wsrp] User Profile Items - Draft Proposal

One of the action items at the last F2F was for Richard and me to
propose a fix to the user profile related inconsistencies in the V1
spec.

I'm attaching a note on this for your review. Since Richard is out sick,

I would appreciate if someone from IBM checks to see if it meets his
concerns and use cases.