Subject: Markup with pbia and handleEvents

Sec 6.4.1 has a new sentence that reads as follows

"Also, the markup should be generated presuming that any requested mode
or windowState changes are honored".

I've a few of questions on this wording.

a. Why not include other things like navigationalState, and
portletContext (implicit cloning) in this sentence?

b. To make interop work, why not make this a MUST? Without a strong
conformance requirement, the markup and what the consumer thinks of
portlet's state may be inconsistent. For instance, a Producer could
return markup in wsrp:view mode while asking for a mode change to
wsrp:edit. Assuming that the Consumer's honors the mode change, the
Consumer may end up showing wsrp:view mode's content for wsrp:edit mode.

c.Following (b), if a Consumer is unable to honor state changes, I think
that it MUST discard the markup returned by the Producer.

Comments?