Subject: Re: [wsrp] Leasing questions

The conformance language ties two behaviors together, responding with leasing information is bound to supporting the leasing feature. As Andre has said, the Producer could always refuse to update a termination time (i.e. its policy on the termination time is set-once).

What would be the value in trying to separate leasing into multiple parts? In particular, would it be worth the additional complexity such a separation would bring?

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

07/04/05 09:23 PM

wsrp <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
Re: [wsrp] Leasing questions

Let me pose the question differently. Through out the spec, whenever
there is a reference to Lifetime structure, there is wording that says
that Producers returning this structure MUST support the leasing feature
(e.g. see sec 6.1.3).

Strictly speaking, when a Producer says via its ServiceDescription that
the leasing feature is not supported, what is the purpose of the
additional conformance language?