Subject: Re: [wsrp] Default property type for setPortletProperties

I don't see where the use of xsi:type is required, could you provide a pointer?

Section 7.1.1 explicitly leaves room for the generation of properties not described by a ProperyDescription. Elsewhere we are silent about allowing undescribed properties (i.e. they are not prohibited) ... I think the default on the type was put in to cover the edge case of an undescribed property which did not carry an xsi:type attribute.

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

07/03/05 07:19 PM

wsrp <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
[wsrp] Default property type for setPortletProperties

Sec 8.12 has a sentence (from V1) that reads as follows:

"Each property declaration includes a name and type (default = xsd:string)"

This is a bit odd since getPortletPropertyDescription describes the
property of each property, and the type is also included via the
xsi:type attribute on the Property value. So, what is the purpose of
saying that, by default, the property is of type xs:string?

Any comments?