Subject: Redirect from handleEvents

To take yesterday's discussion forward, I would like to summarize the
current arguments.

Problem: handleEvents does not allow Producers to request for a redirect.

Argument 1: To keep the programming model simple, allow Producers to
return a redirectURL, and clarify that Consumers are NOT REQUIRED to
honor such a redirect.

Argument 2: Since some/most Consumers may not honor a redirect due to
the possibility of parallel event processing, why specify something that
may not work always.

I would like to ask the following questions for discussion next week.

a. How frequently do developers rely on redirect?

b. How would you see redirectURL getting exposed in the portlet
programming model, for example in the Java Portlet API.