Subject: Re: [wsrp] Event distribution question

The key here Subbu is you say that the consumer decides to not render
other portlets in this request.  Personally, however, I think its not
the most obvious consumer implementation style  --  a page reload will
now cause the event distribution and hence potential state
change/different UI results  which could surprise the user.  Also if
this event was instrumental in keeping the page coordinated this
coordination is lost until the next reload/request.  Again I am not sure
the most desired consumer behavior.  If the consumer tries to give the
user a consistent behavior [because of course the user doesn't know
whether client side programming is being used] it would account for
resolving the event chain and rendering all the portlets that are
affected and the AJAX code would properly deal with this.
     -Mike-