Subject: Re: [wsrp] TransientProperties: clearifiicaition on what properties theconsumer need to supply

Under RuntimeContext, we have:

transientProperties: An array of properties which the Portlet declared in its portletDescription that currently have a value. Declared properties not contained within the array currently have a null value.

We don't prohibit the Consumer from sending null values, but do define that missing properties have a null value.

Rich

Stefan Hepper <sthepper@hursley.ibm.com>

02/10/06 02:23 AM

WSRP TC <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
[wsrp] TransientProperties: clearifiicaition on what properties the consumer need to supply

Hi,
I couldn't find a sentence in the current spec on which properties the
consumer should provide to the consumer. I would have expected something
in the transientPropertyDescription saying that all properties that the
consumer has defined and which are currently not null should be provided
to the producer.
Is it allowed for the consumer to send properties with null as value?

Or this this stated somewhere else in the spec and I was to blind to see it?

Thanks.

Stefan