Subject: Clearification: Resource URLs and markup params, etc.

I've some questions regarding the resource URLs. From the current
version of the spec it is not clear to me how getResource and getMarkup
relate to each other.
- What happens if I specific new nav params, new portlet mode / window
state on the resource URL? Will they be valid for the next getMarkup call?
- What are the semantics for portlet mode and window state when
rendering a resource? What portlet mode and window state will the
portlet receive if nothing is specified?
- Can you specify navigational state on a resource URL? (yes I assume
based on the current spec)
- Why can the getResource call create a new session?

Stefan