Subject: Re: [wsrp] Clearification: Resource URLs and markup params, etc.

yep, and this again points towards a change of the BNF... ;-)

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Team Lead & Technical Lead
WSRP Standardization
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             Stefan Hepper
             <sthepper@hursley
             .ibm.com>                                                  To
                                       WSRP TC <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
             02/22/06 06:57 AM                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsrp] Clearification: Resource
                                       URLs and markup params, etc.

and I would like to see a 4th one stating if, or if not, you are allowed
to set new portlet mode, window state, navigation parameters on a
resource URL.

Stefan

Rich Thompson wrote:

> [...]
>  > >    Re: [wsrp] Clearification: Resource URLs and markup params, etc.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > The issue of a producer returning two sessionIDs in parallel
requests
> is
>  > > possible, and I don't know if the spec can help either the consumer
or
>  > > the producer.
>  > >
>  > > One way of avoiding returning new sessionIDs is to somehow tie
>  > > initCookie with sessionIDs, and raise InvalidCookie fault when there
is
>  > > a need to return new sessionID. It is possible to design a producer
>  > > tie init cookies to sessions, and never return sessionIDs.
>  > >
>  > > We have had a number of discussions on this topic in the past, and
the
>  > > solutions are not always pretty.
>  > >
>  > > Subbu
>  > >
>  > > Stefan Hepper wrote:
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Subbu Allamaraju wrote:
>  > >  >> On the question of modes and states, I don't see why a portlet
> should
>  > >  >> not specify mode and window state params on a resource URL. The
>  > >  >> resource generated may depend on the window state and mode.
>  > >  >>
>  > >  >> The real question is whether the mode and window state specified
in
>  > >  >> resource URL applies to  subsequent getMarkup/pbia/he calls or
not.
>  > >  >> The spec leaves this open. It also leaves the same question open
> for
>  > >  >> normal action and render URLs.
>  > >  >>
>  > >  >
>  > >  > right, I think that needs to be clearified.
>  > >  >
>  > >  >> On your point on session, the question is not whether a portlet
can
>  > >  >> return a new sessionID or not, but how it relates to the
sessionID
>  > >  >> returned via a getMarkup/pbia/he. If a producer chooses to
return a
>  > >  >> new sessionID, I would expect the consumer to use that in
> subsequent
>  > >  >> calls. This is because, from the consumer's point, getResource
is
> just
>  > >  >> another request for a portlet.
>  > >  >>
>  > >  >> I can see at least one use case for returning a new sessionID.
That
> [...]
> that
>  > >  >>> they are related. I think this needs to be clarified.
>  > >  >>>
>  > >  >>> Another thing I noted is that the getResource operation is
allowed
>  > >  >>> change the portlet title. I think that does not really make
sense.
>  > >  >>> What is the use case for allowing to change the title in
> getResource?
>  > >  >>>
>  > >  >>> Stefan
>  > >  >>>
>  > >  >>>> Subbu
>  > >  >>>>
>  > >  >>>>
>  > >  >>>
>  > >  >>>
>  > >  >>>
>  > >  >>>
> that
>  > >  >>> generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your
> TCs
>  > >  >>> in OASIS
>  > >  >>> at:
>  > >  >>>
>  > >  >>
>  > >  >>
>  > >  >>
> that
>  > >  >> generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your
TCs
> in
>  > >  >> OASIS
>  > >  >> at:
>  > >  >>
>  > >  >>
>  > >  >>
>  > >  >
>  > >  >
>  > >  >
>  > >  >
that
>  > >  > generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your
TCs
> in
>  > >  > OASIS
>  > >  > at:
>  > >  >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs
in
> OASIS
>  > > at:
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > generates this mail. You may a link to this group and all your TCs
in
>  > > OASIS at:
>  > >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
>  > generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your TCs in

OASIS