Subject: Re: [wsrp] Few clarifications on stateChange flag and consumer-managedstate

Rich Thompson wrote:

> The 2nd is not needed as the Producer CAN NOT (stronger than MUST NOT!)
> return a registrationHandle from modifyRegistration.

Could you me to the section that has this statement? The producer has to
return the current registrationHandle since it is required in the
schema. My expectation is that the producer returns an updated
registrationState along with the current registrationHandle.

> The only setting of portletStateChange that allows for cloning is
> 'cloneBeforeWrite' (section 6.4.3). The PortletContext.portletState
> description explicitly connects the value supplied to the value in the
> required portletHandle field. Personally this structurally states the
> equivalent of the suggested conformance statement. However, if others
> think an additional conformance statement does make sense, I would
> suggest adding it to 6.4.3 (where the semantics of the
> portletStateChange flag are discussed).

Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. I agree that
the spec is clear on cloneBoforeWrite. The proposal is only for readWrite.

Subbu