Subject: Navigational parameter restrictions

Should we restrict the returned navgiationalParameters in UpdateResponse
to only be values representing xml scalar types [int, string, etc.]?
The issue here is similar to the one that caused us to restrict what the
producer can encode in the URLs it writes into markup, namely many
consumers will prefer to manage these values in the same way they manage
navigational state.  As this is commonly handled by writing the state
into every URL in the page, shouldn't we make it easy for a consumer to
do so?  If so, should we back track all together and only support scalar
types?  Or do we preserve the full open model for those properties that
aren't set by producers and might presumably either be computed by the
consumer vs. being encoded?