Subject: Consumer-generated event UIs

Hi all,
we have the following use case we would like to discuss in the TC:

- a portlet displays contact information about persons (name, email,
phone, etc)
- other portlets accept such person information as event input parameter
- the consumer would like to generate a UI, e.g. popup that would allow
the user to choose to which other portlet this information should be
sent (e.g. the menu can contain things like: add to addressbook, send
email, call)
- after selecting one item of the list the consumer would issue an event
to the target portlet

A similar paradigm is used in the windows explorer with the sendTo popup
menu.

Given that we allow something in that direction for CSS I would like to
extend this to events and allow the producer annotating the markup so
that the consumer can insert the corresponding markup for the popup.

Stefan