Subject: navigational state type

I meant to ask this question some  time ago.

I was wondering what were the main attribute(s) of  "navigational state"
to calling it out as a different  from "transient" and "enduring"
(or persistent as it was in  WSRP 1.0) statefull type besides the
purpose of guaranteeing the correct rerendering multiple times?
It seems that it might have been classified as transient state even it
can be optionally persisted by consumer or browser.
 From life cycle perspective it seems to be started as an explicit
operation is transient(?)  and no explicit operation is required to
destroy it?
Well it is not perfect fit but then new life cycle might be worth it
defining in section 3.4 then?
Would it be any reasonable notion of "navigational scope" that is worth
mentioning and contrast in 3.5?

Thanks,
Wesley