Subject: Re: [wsrp] navigational state change

Why do you think it is questionable?
The portlet alway receives the navState it encoded itself and nothing else.
From the protocol point of view it is perfectly valid.
It's merely the Consumer's choice using rewriting to augment the URLs with
additional information to enable a better user experience, i.e. make back
button, bookmarks and reloads work properly.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Technical Lead
WSRP Standardization
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             Wesley
             Budziwojski
             <Wesley.Budziwojs                                          To
             ki@Sun.COM>               Michael Freedman
             Sent by:                  <michael.freedman@oracle.com>
             Wesley.Budziwojsk                                          cc
             i@Sun.COM                 OASIS WSRP TC
                                       <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
             04/27/06 01:20 AM         Re: [wsrp] navigational state
                                       change

Mike,

Thanks for the use case.
If I am not mistaken some Consumer implementations choose to encode
navig state for all interested portlets thus
making this scenario work ok but perhaps adherence to the spec somewhat
questionable?

Wesley