Subject: Re: [wsrp] sematics of overlapping QNames for navParams?

> I assume it is too late to restrict this to one QName instead of a QName

That's what the errata is for :)

> Here a few scenarios:
>
> portlet 1:
> nav param aaa:p1, bbb:blub
> nav param aaa:p2
>
> portlet 2:
> nav param bbb:blub, ccc:bla
>
> portlet 3:
> nav param ccc:bla, aaa:p2
>

> questions:
>
> 1. what if portlet 1 creates an url setting bbb:bulb to "123"? Will it
> get the param under the name aaa:p1 or under bbb:blub? I didn't find
> anything in the spec about this. I expected to find that the portlet
> must only use the first entry in the QName list.

Yes. My interpretation is that the portlet should be ready to receive
the value against any of the names it declared.

> 2. What is the happens when portlet 1 sets
> aaa:p1 = "111" ?
>
> Can portlet 2 receive this as new value bbb:blub? (I assume yes based on
> the current spec)

No. My interpretation is the the recipient has to declare the aliases.
Since it did not declare "aaa:p1", it will not receive it.

> Can portlet 3 receive it as new value for ccc:bla? (unclear to me from
> the current spec, it states: "SHOULD supply the same value to Portlets
> which provide a navigationalParameterDescription  referencing the same
> QName in the names array", and ccc:bla is not on the QName list of
> portlet 1)

No, per the same argument.

> Can portlet 1 receive it as new value for aaa:p2?

No

> 3. What happens if portlet 2 sets
> bbb:blub = "222" ?
>
> Can portlet 1 receive this as new value for aaa:p1 and portlet 3 as new
> values for ccc:bla? I assume yes.

Portlet 1 will receive this as new value for bbb:blub and portlet 3 will
not receive it.

The reason we ended up having multiple names was to account for alias
names. Alias are meant to help the consumer decide whether to send the
param (or dispatch an event) to a given portlet. If one of the names
matches, it will dispatch it, otherwise not.

There is no name translation in this process. That is, the recipient
will receive it under the same name as was sent/set by the sender.

Subbu
>>Register now for BEA World 2006 --- See http://www.bea.com/beaworld<<
by email and then delete it.