Subject: Re: [wsrp] Defined events

Now I see what you are asking. We added the statement you guessed at to v2's Section 2, namely;

    "Whenever this specification uses the prefix "wsrp:" in what appears to be a QName, it is referring to the URI urn:oasis:names:tc:wsrp:v2:types."

While the use with modes, etc is literal, since the underlying type is string rather than QName, the intent is to point people in the QName direction. Hopefully implementers aren't confused by this ...

Rich

Michael Freedman <michael.freedman@oracle.com>

03/13/2007 06:42 PM

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc
wsrp <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
Re: [wsrp] Defined events

What I am asking is whether the name (excluding namespace) of the event is "eventHandlingFailed" or "wsrp:eventHandlingFailed"?  The spec seems to suggest the later but I assume we want the former.  Are you saying that elsewhere in the spec we define that references to wsrp: when used for a value that is a QName implies the wsrp (types) namespace?  I don't recall this and even if we do worry about confusion with uses that aren't QNames such as modes.
  -Mike-

Rich Thompson wrote:

These are defined as elements within our types namespace (i.e. identical to the fault messages). The Axis tooling I have been testing with places them in the right package/namespace. I'm not sure if you are raising a tooling issue or if I am just missing the essence of your question.

Rich

Michael Freedman <michael.freedman@oracle.com>

03/13/2007 12:03 PM

wsrp <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
[wsrp] Defined events

Section 6.11 defines two wsrp events:
wsrp:eventHandlingFailed and wsrp:newNavigationalContextScope.
The wsdl defines these as eventHandlingFailed and
newNavigationalContextScope.

I assume the wsdl is the correct way as events are namespace.  So is
this just a simple editorial change?