Subject: Public review comment: resource cacheability

I want to discuss whether we have enough resource cacheability levels
and if so whether the full level is sufficiently defined.  I am
interested in the use cases where one wants resource caching in the
browser on either a per producer level and/or shared across multiple
producers (potentially on different servers).

Per producer use case:  A JSR portlet application exposes a single wsrp
producer.  Its quite common for portlets in this application to share
resources.  How do our resource cacheability levels allow this to be
expressed for in-band and out-of-band resources?

Multiple producer use case:  More and more portlet environments are
relying on sophisticated MVC systems to develop/run/support their
portlets.  These MVC systems often depend on a slew of javascript and
even UI based resources.  As these exist at a "platform" level vs.
application level its common for distinct producers to rely on the same
underlying platform.  Because the volume of such resources can be large
its important to share (the browser caching) of these resources as much
as possible.  How does our resource cacheability levels allow this to be
expressed for in-band and out-of-band resources?

The concern I have is that our definition of the "full" level only talks
about omitting portlet state.  For the out-of-protocol case one still
seems to need to encode the portletid (or the actual namespaceid)
because "full" still requires the consumer to be able to support the
namespace tag.  For the in-procotol case we haven't defined a meaning
for dispatching a getResource to an empty/null PortletContext.   Thoughts?