Subject: Re: [wsrp] public comment: navigational values on action URLs?

I believe it is really intended.  Navigational State is one of the
mechanisms we provide for portlets to offload portlet state.  As a
representation of portlet state its logical it be represented in all
portlet URLs (even if indirectly because its implied) and passed to all
portlet requests.  Yes, an action response sets new nav state so its
conceivable for a portlet to merely encode some/all of the nav state it
intends to return as interaction parameters having this clean separation
gives clients/portlets much more flexibility in recognizing/processing
incoming parameters.  I understand that JSR 168/286 made decisions that
blends all of these back into a single concept (parameters) but that was
its choice based in part of to the existing programming model (servlets).
   -Mike-