Subject: Re: [wsrp] XSD - Spec comparison

will we have the CS-02 ballot open this year and if so when?
I'm asking because I'm disappearing for vacation with no phone and no
internet access.
I will be available for voting until 23rd otherwise I would ask Rich to
take a proxy vote for me.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept. 2289, WebSphere Portal Server Development 1
WSRP Team Lead
WSRP Architecture & Standardization
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Rich Thompson <richt2@us.ibm.com>                                                                                                                |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                                        |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |12/13/2007 06:12 PM                                                                                                                              |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |Re: [wsrp] XSD - Spec comparison                                                                                                                 |
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Fixed file has not been uploaded yet, pending other changes from our week
of intense scrutiny ...

Rich

 From:         Nathan Lipke <nlipke@bea.com>

 To:           Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

 Cc:           wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

 Date:         12/13/2007 10:52 AM

See inline...

Rich Thompson wrote:

My take on the editorial errors (i.e. inconsistency between spec and
schema):

1. We decided the the extension field is where optionality is defined, the
spec needs to require the "any" content in the extension type.
2. The schema for LocalizedString needs to say the lang is required and the
resourcename is optional
3. All extensions fields were to be arrays ... fix the spec
4. The parts field should be optional (as per the schema) as this allows
specifying support for a privately defined extension
5. NamedString issue was already caught (& fixed)
I'm not seeing the fix at
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsrp/v2/wsrp-2.0-types.xsd
6. Schema needs to reflect the spec for resourceState & resourceCachability

I think they do use="optional" is optional (default). Though as long as
we're cleaning up being explicate doesn't hurt.
7. The failed structures were intended to be consistent, update the spec to
match the schema

Any objections to these changes?

Rich

 From:        Richard Jacob <richard.jacob@de.ibm.com>

 To:          wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

 Date:        12/10/2007 06:34 AM

 Subject:     [wsrp] XSD - Spec comparison

Hi,
as discussed on thursday, we did a thorough review again and found the
following shown in the table below.
Should we have a TC call to discuss that?

|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|Extension                           |  <complexType name="Extension">    |
| [O] Object any                     |    <sequence>                      |
|                                    |      <any namespace="##other"      |
|                                    |processContents="lax"/>             |
|                                    |    </sequence>                     |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |
|any payload required otherwise we   |                                    |
|had an empty extension element      |                                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|LocalizedString                     | <complexType                       |
| [R] string xmlLang                 |name="LocalizedString">             |
| [R] string value                   |    <sequence>                      |
| [O] string resourceName            |      <element name="value"         |
|                                    |type="xsd:string"/>                 |
|                                    |    </sequence>                     |
|                                    |    <attribute ref="xml:lang"       |
|                                    |use="optional"/>                    |
|                                    |    <attribute name="resourceName"  |
|                                    |type="xsd:string"/>                 |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |
|                                    |                                    |
|                                    |xml:lang should be required,        |
|                                    |resourceName should have            |
|                                    |use="optional"                      |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|MarkupType                          |  <complexType name="MarkupType">   |
| [R] string mimeType                |    <sequence>                      |
| [R] string modes[]                 |      <element name="mimeType"      |
| [R] string windowStates[]          |type="xsd:string"/>                 |
| [O] string locales[]               |      <element name="modes"         |
| [O] Extension extensions           |type="xsd:string"                   |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|Should be [O] Extension extensions[]|      <element name="windowStates"  |
|instead                             |type="xsd:string"                   |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |      <element name="locales"       |
|                                    |type="xsd:string"      minOccurs="0"|
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |      <element name="extensions"    |
|                                    |type="types:Extension" minOccurs="0"|
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |    </sequence>                     |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|EventDescription                    | <complexType                       |
| [R] QName name                     |name="EventDescription">            |
| [O] QName aliases[]                |    <sequence>                      |
| [O] QName type                     |      <element name="aliases"       |
| [O] anyURI schemaLocation          |type="xsd:QName"                    |
| [O] ModelTypes schemaType          |minOccurs="0"                       |
| [O] LocalizedString description    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
| [O] LocalizedString hint           |      <element name="description"   |
| [O] LocalizedString label          |type="types:LocalizedString"        |
| [O] Extension extensions           |minOccurs="0"/>                     |
|                                    |      <element name="label"         |
|Should be [O] Extension extensions[]|type="types:LocalizedString"        |
|instead                             |minOccurs="0"/>                     |
|                                    |      <element name="hint"          |
|                                    |type="types:LocalizedString"        |
|                                    |minOccurs="0"/>                     |
|                                    |      <element name="schemaType"    |
|                                    |type="types:ModelTypes"             |
|                                    |minOccurs="0"/>                     |
|                                    |      <element name="extensions"    |
|                                    |type="types:Extension"              |
|                                    |minOccurs="0"                       |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |    </sequence>                     |
|                                    |    <attribute name="name"          |
|                                    |type="xsd:QName"  use="required"/>  |
|                                    |    <attribute name="type"          |
|                                    |type="xsd:QName"  use="optional"/>  |
|                                    |    <attribute name="schemaLocation"|
|                                    |type="xsd:anyURI" use="optional"/>  |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|PropertyDescription                 |  <complexType                      |
| [R] QName name                     |name="PropertyDescription">         |
| [R] QName type                     |    <sequence>                      |
| [O] anyURI schemaLocation          |      <element name="description"   |
| [O] LocalizedString description    |type="types:LocalizedString"        |
| [O] LocalizedString label          |minOccurs="0"/>                     |
| [O] LocalizedString hint           |      <element name="label"         |
| [O] string usage[]                 |type="types:LocalizedString"        |
| [O] QName aliases[]                |minOccurs="0"/>                     |
| [O] Extension extensions           |      <element name="hint"          |
|                                    |type="types:LocalizedString"        |
|Should be [O] Extension extensions[]|minOccurs="0"/>                     |
|instead                             |      <element name="usage"         |
|                                    |type="xsd:string"                   |
|                                    |minOccurs="0"                       |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |      <element name="aliases"       |
|                                    |type="xsd:QName"                    |
|                                    |minOccurs="0"                       |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |      <element name="extensions"    |
|                                    |type="types:Extension"              |
|                                    |minOccurs="0"                       |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |    </sequence>                     |
|                                    |    <attribute name="name"          |
|                                    |type="xsd:QName"  use="required"/>  |
|                                    |    <attribute name="type"          |
|                                    |type="xsd:QName"  use="required"/>  |
|                                    |    <attribute name="schemaLocation"|
|                                    |type="xsd:anyURI" use="optional"/>  |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|ModelDescription                    | <complexType                       |
| [O] PropertyDescription            |name="ModelDescription">            |
|propertyDescriptions[]              |    <sequence>                      |
| [O] ModelTypes modelTypes          |      <element                      |
| [O] Extension extensions           |name="propertyDescriptions"         |
|                                    |type="types:PropertyDescription"    |
|Should be [O] Extension extensions[]|minOccurs="0"                       |
|instead                             |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |      <element name="modelTypes"    |
|                                    |type="types:ModelTypes"             |
|                                    |minOccurs="0"/>                     |
|                                    |      <element name="extensions"    |
|                                    |type="types:Extension"              |
|                                    |minOccurs="0"                       |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |    </sequence>                     |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|Same pattern (extensions not an     |                                    |
|array in spec):                     |                                    |
|ParameterDescription                |                                    |
|PortletDescription                  |                                    |
|PropertyList                        |                                    |
|                                    |                                    |
|Should be [O] Extension extensions[]|                                    |
|instead                             |                                    |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|ExtensionDescription                |<complexType                        |
| [R] QName name                     |name="ExtensionDescription">        |
| [R] ExtensionPart parts[]          |    <sequence>                      |
| [O] QName aliases[]                |      <element name="parts"         |
| [O] LocalizedString description    |type="types:ExtensionPart"          |
| [O] LocalizedString label          |minOccurs="0"                       |
| [O] LocalizedString hint           |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
| [O] Extension extensions[]         |      <element name="aliases"       |
|                                    |type="xsd:QName"                    |
|Extension parts should be optional  |minOccurs="0"                       |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |      <element name="description"   |
[...]
|NamedString                         |<complexType name="NamedString">    |
| [R] string       name              |    <sequence>                      |
| [O] string       value             |      <element name="value"         |
|                                    |type="xsd:string"/>                 |
|                                    |    </sequence>                     |
|                                    |    <attribute name="name"          |
|                                    |type="xsd:string" use="required"/>  |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |
|                                    |                                    |
|                                    |value should have minoccurs="0"     |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|ResourceParams                      |                                    |
| [R] ID     resourceID              |<complexType name="ResourceParams"> |
| [R] StateChange  portletStateChange|    <complexContent>                |
| [O] string       resourceState     |      <extension                    |
| [O] string                         |base="types:MimeRequest">           |
|resourceCacheability                |        <sequence>                  |
| [O] NamedString  formParameters[]  |          <element                  |
| [O] UploadContext                  |name="formParameters"               |
|uploadContexts[]                    |type="types:NamedString"            |
|                                    |minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" |
|                                    |/>                                  |
|                                    |          <element                  |
|                                    |name="uploadContexts"               |
|                                    |type="types:UploadContext"          |
|                                    |minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" |
|                                    |/>                                  |
|                                    |        </sequence>                 |
|                                    |        <attribute name="resourceID"|
|                                    |type="xsd:string"  use="required"/> |
|                                    |        <attribute                  |
|                                    |name="portletStateChange"           |
|                                    |type="types:StateChange"            |
|                                    |use="required"/>                    |
|                                    |        <attribute                  |
|                                    |name="resourceState"                |
|                                    |type="xsd:string"/>                 |
|                                    |        <attribute                  |
|                                    |name="resourceCacheability"         |
|                                    |type="xsd:string"/>                 |
|                                    |      </extension>                  |
|                                    |    </complexContent>               |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |
|                                    |                                    |
|                                    |resourceState & resourceCachability |
|                                    |should be use="optional"            |
|------------------------------------+------------------------------------|
|ImportPortletsFailed                |<complexType name="BaseFailed">     |
| [R] ID     importIDs[]             |    <sequence>                      |
| [R] ErrorCodes   errorCode         |      <element name="reason"        |
| [R] LocalizedString    reason      |type="types:LocalizedString"        |
| [O] ResourceList       resourceList|minOccurs="0"/>                     |
| [O] Extension    extensions[]      |      <element name="resourceList"  |
|                                    |type="types:ResourceList"           |
|reason should be optional           |minOccurs="0"/>                     |
|                                    |      <element name="extensions"    |
|                                    |type="types:Extension"              |
|                                    |minOccurs="0"                       |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |    </sequence>                     |
|                                    |    <attribute name="errorCode"     |
|                                    |type="types:ErrorCodes"             |
|                                    |use="required"/>                    |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |
|                                    |  <element name="BaseFailed"        |
|                                    |type="types:BaseFailed"/>           |
|                                    |                                    |
|                                    |<complexType                        |
|                                    |name="ImportPortletsFailed">        |
|                                    |    <complexContent>                |
|                                    |      <extension                    |
|                                    |base="types:BaseFailed">            |
|                                    |        <sequence>                  |
|                                    |          <element name="importID"  |
|                                    |type="xsd:string"                   |
|                                    |maxOccurs="unbounded"/>             |
|                                    |        </sequence>                 |
|                                    |      </extension>                  |
|                                    |    </complexContent>               |
|                                    |  </complexType>                    |

OASIS
at:

Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities,
that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have
received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and
then delete it.