wss-comment message

Subject: RE: [wss-comment] X509 1.0 Errata Comment

I suppose even when everyone agrees to change something just because it seems to make everything "right", the reality of the fact that it was *changed* can come back to haunt us . . .

&Thomas.

________________________________

From: Ron Monzillo [mailto:Ronald.Monzillo@Sun.COM]
Sent: Thu 2/10/2005 7:04 AM
To: Michael McIntosh
Cc: Manveen Kaur; wss-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Michael,

I did recommend that we change the URI for SKI to include "v3".
I also think the TC adopted and the errata implemented my recommendation
(which occurred in the larger context of including support for v1 x509
certs).

In retrospect, I cannot recover any significant reason for changing the
SKI URI.

It may be that implementations have already changed to use and expect
the modified URI.

If not, I think we should consider the feasibility of removing this
change from the errata.

Ron