wss-comment message

Subject: RE: [wss-comment] recursive Security Token References

Anthony Nadalin wrote on 9/1/2005, 11:44 AM:

 > Referencing tokens is different than referencing the referencing
 > mechanism to reference tokens, the STR is there as a means to
 > reference tokens that closed content models, so it solves the issue of
 > being able to reference a security token.

Not that I can parse that (can you say it 10 times in a row quickly?),
but from what I can understand one of the envisioned uses for the STR
and embedded tokens is to allow:

    the Signature within a wsse:Secuirty header refer's to the
    STR because there's some reason why the entity parsing the
    signature cannot easily refer directly  to the token itself.
    (what you said was a "means [of] referencing tokens and key
    material that can't be referenced otherwise ".

Now, elsewhere in the same message, we are saying that the entity
parsing the message *WILL* be able to reference that token if
they need to from within an STR.

Those two statements just seem to conflict to me.

Conor