wss-comment message

Subject: Re: [wss-comment] Comments on Kerberos Token Profile 1.1 draft 07

>The TC seems to have responded by adding a plethora of choices.

There are folks that will use the GSS-API and folks that will use raw Kerberos, so we responded and support both, so I guess I don't understand your issue now unless you only want GSS-API and that approach was not accepted by the TC.

>I'm also still very curious as to how Kerberos V session keys are used or how AP-REQ and/or GSS initial context >tokens are bound to session protection provided by other layers.

The session keys from the Kerberos Token Profile are not used by or bound to other session layers.

>Also, I'd appreciate a pointer to the complete set of OASIS documents (i.e., not including W3C or IETF docs) one >must read in order to perform a security analysis of this profile.

Not sure what you mean by "perform a security analysis of this profile" but since you have seem to have read the profile you will see a reference section, you can start with these and if you find that there are missing references please send a comment back to this list.

Inactive hide details for Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams@Sun.COM>Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams@Sun.COM>

          Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams@Sun.COM>

          12/06/2005 05:31 PM

wss-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

cc

Subject

[wss-comment] Comments on Kerberos Token Profile 1.1 draft 07

I remember complaining about the choice of raw Kerberos instead of the
GSS-API mechanism.

The TC seems to have responded by adding a plethora of choices.

I don't see how this helps implementors.

I'm also still very curious as to how Kerberos V session keys are used
or how AP-REQ and/or GSS initial context tokens are bound to session
protection provided by other layers.

Please cc me as I'm not on the list.

Also, I'd appreciate a pointer to the complete set of OASIS documents
(i.e., not including W3C or IETF docs) one must read in order to perform
a security analysis of this profile.

Thanks,

Nico