wss-comment message

Subject: MIME header c14n question about the term "character encoded"

My question relates to WS-Security SwA Profile 1.1 (incorporating Approved
Errata).

MIME header canonicalization is discussed in Section 5.4.1
I am having trouble understanding the last sentence of step 11:

11.Quoted characters other than double-quote and backslash ("\") in quoted
strings in structured MIME
headers (e.g. Content-ID) MUST be unquoted. Double-quote and backslash
("\") characters in quoted
strings in structured MIME headers MUST be character encoded [RFC2822].

What does "character encoded" mean in this context??

As an example, suppose we have the following MIME header value which is a
quoted-string
containing two escaped double-quotes of the form \"

"My  \"quote\" here"

After canonicalization, what should this header value look like??

Thanks,
Yassir.