wss-dev message

Subject: Question regarding Username Token Profile 1.0

Colleagues -
WSS Username Token Profile 1.0 lines 108-109 states:
If either or both of <wsse:Nonce> and <wsu:Created> are present they MUST be
included in the digest value as follows:.."

What if there is no digest value. In other words, does this spec allow
inclusion of <wsse:Nonce> and <wsu:Created> using passwords of type
passwordText. Below is an example of what I am thinking of and was wondering
if this would be considered compliant or not:

<wsse:Security >
 <wsse:UsernameToken >
  <wsse:Username>SomeUser</wsse:Username>
   <wsse:Password Type="...#PasswordText">SomePassword</wsse:Password>
   <wsse:Nonce>OGJjZjQwNjI5NzNmZjEzMjkwNDg5YzY4MWQzYTUwYWQ=</wsse:Nonce>
   <wsu:Created>2005-08-26T23:19:40Z</wsu:Created>
 </wsse:UsernameToken>
</wsse:Security> ...

I do realize that there are security implications and in this particular
case there certain mitigating circumstances whose explanation is beyond the
scope of this message.

Thanks in advance,
Jahan

Jahan Moreh