wss-dev message

Subject: Is there any other use of "nonce" and "created" wsse headers other than for verifying the password digest?

To my understanding the wsse nonce and created headers are only required in case of sending a password digest. However we came across a case where a webservice is mandating the presence of these headers even for Password text case. Further SOAP UI creates these headers even for Password text as well. So is there any use of these headers when the password is sent in clear text?

Thanks

Kannan