wss message

Subject: [wss] Some initial logistics for our upcoming meeting

Dear WSS TC members, in this e-mail you will find useful information about our upcoming kickoff meeting in early September. In this e-mail you will find details of the meeting location and details of some required background reading. Also you will see we are asking that you confirm that you will be attending and alert us to any special dietary needs.

We look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks time.

Chris Kaler
Kelvin Lawrence
(OASIS WSS TC Co-Chairs.)

Please confirm attendance

We have had a very strong response to the call for participation for this TC. Please let us know if you definitely plan to attend the meeting or not so we have a good idea of how many people will be attending. Seating is likely to be tight so it really helps to have an accurate headcount.

Meeting Logistics

The meeting will be held, as described in the WSS-TC Charter [1] on September 4th/5th 2002

The meeting will be held at the Sofitel Hotel, Redwood City, CA (details below) For those of you not too familiar with the geography this location is quite close to the San Francisco International airport.

Date: Sept 4 & 5, 2002
Venue: Sofitel Hotel, Redwood City, CA
Address
        223 Twin Dolphin Drive
        REDWOOD CITY, CA -  94065
        USA
        Tel : (+1)650/5989000
        Fax : (+1)650/5989383

        Nearest Airport: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
        Other near Airports:  Oakland International Airport and San Jose International Airport (SJC)

        Meeting Name: Web Services Security Meeting (Required for Hotel room booking)

We have been informed that the hotel is offering a reduced room rate of  $149 (+ tax) per night, to be paid by the participant. For those that wish to stay in the same hotel the meeting is being held at. This rate is being offered until August 20th and should be bookable as of now.

We are grateful to our meeting sponsor , Sun Microsystems for arranging and providing the meeting facilities for us.

Meals/Food

The following meals are being provided

 Morning breakfast
 Morning coffee break
 Lunch
 Afternoon coffee break

Special dietary needs

  Please let us know of any special dietary needs so we can try to accommodate.

Agenda

  We will post agenda information a little closer to meeting time - please keep checking the e-mail list for the agenda.

Background reading/preparation

The WSS TC charter is published at [1]

All members of an OASIS TC should be familiar with the OASIS TC Guidelines that are published at [2]

The OASIS TC Process is documented here [3]

The OASIS IPR policy is given at the following location [4]

The WSS TC Home page at OASIS [5]

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wss/#charter
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.shtml
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml