wss message

Subject: [wss] Order of elements

I have a question about the ordering rule, namely "As elements are added to
the <wsse:Security> header block, they should be prepended to the existing
elements."

This suggests to me that if I want to include a signed security token, I
would first add the token and then prepend a <ds:Signature/>
element.  However all examples show the opposite order with the security
token above the signature.   What have I misunderstood? What is the
implication if subsequent processing wants to add another signature for the
same security token?