wss message

Subject: [wss] URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT: There WILL be a TC call on Dec 17th

As I suggested was possible in my mail a few days ago, we are going to have a WSS TC call on December 17th at the normal time (7am PT). In order to allow many members to go to the WS-I Security Group call that same day , this time only, we will close the meeting 30 minutes early.

Primary Meeting Goal:i

We will send out a phone number and an agenda soon but the primary goal of the meeting will be to approve the decisions made at the F2F over the past 2 days. We had a super and very productive meeting here this week and I think we have made lots of great progress. Sadly, while over the course of the two days, we had more than the required number of 33 voting members (needed to make quorum) attend, due to weather and other conflicts, we were never able to get 33 people in the room at the exact same time to make quorum for a vote. In fact for large parts of the meeting we were only 1 person short. While it would have been possible for the chairs to declare quorum given the unique situation, we chose not to do that to avoid any appearance of strange behavior. Consequently, all decisions made must be viewed as proposals pending a formal vote.

Given that we still had a very significant turnout at the meeting (I think at least 35 voting members attended over the course of the 2 days) we will entertain a motion to approve these decisions (which are in response to issues on the issues list) as a block. In order to facilitate that, we ask that all members read the minutes as soon as they are posted and ask any questions they may have on the e-mail list.

There is a real danger here that we will have to re-debate issues that I believe have received very reasonable proposed resolution and I hope that as a TC we can avoid that by doing our homework and coming to the meeting prepared to vote.

I would like to thank everyone that managed to make it to the F2F meeting. Everyone I spoke to afterwards agreed that this had been a great technical meeting and that we had discussed and come up with resolutions for almost all of our outstanding issues on the list.

Cheers
Kelvin