wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Encrypting a password

I've been assuming that only the password would be encrypted,
and not the entire message.

My goal, which I've stated earlier on this list and at the meeting
in Baltimore, is to try to convince WSS to add an optional XCBF
biometric parameter to the Username token. This would be used
to augment the current login/password capability.

An XCBF token component would itself be signed and encrypted,
but would be treated for the purposes of WSS as an opaque object
(much like an X.509 certificate), whose structural details were hidden
from WSS.

This optional parameter would not be decrypted by WSS. The XCBF
token would be handed off to some Biometric Service Provider for all
processing. So the details of this processing, both cryptographic and
biometric, would not need to be specified by WSS.

Phil Griffin