wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] 2nd draft of interop 1 scenarios

Yes, I noted this previously and it will be in the next revision.

I am taking over as Interop Scenario editor and have a new format which specifies these scenarios in more detail.

Hal
-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Gravengaard [mailto:eric@reactivity.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 3:13 PM
To: Chris Kaler; Web Services Security

Chris,

Should the <xenc:EncryptedData> element precede the <xenc:EncryptedKey> element in the header of the SOAP message in the second scenario example? We are trying out our implementation and thought that the proper order would have been to have the key first and then the data since the processing rules would have been something like: add username/password token, then encrypt it and then add the key which would result in an order of: <xenc:EncryptedKey/> then <xenc:EncryptedData>.

from draft 11 (merged) lines 954...

When a sender or an intermediary encrypts portion(s) of a SOAP message using XML Encryption they MUST prepend a sub-element to the <wsse:Security> header block. Furthermore, the encrypting party MUST prepend the sub-element into the <wsse:Security> header block for the targeted recipient that is expected to decrypt these encrypted portions.

-Eric