wss message

Subject: Binary & XML tokens

In looking at the Binary Security Tokens and XML Tokens in the core spec, it
seems to me that these are best described as abstract elements or types, in
the XML schema sense. They, in effect, are not useful on their own, needing
some other token element, as defined in the appropriate profiles, to make
them useful, which is what an abstract element in XML schema is.  When an
element or type is declared abstract, a member of the substitution group
must appear in the instance document.  Which is what I believe is our
intent.  Therefore, shouldn't these two types be abstract elements or types
in the text and the schema?

Don

Donald Flinn
Managing Partner