wss message

Subject: Namespace issue - proposal

Here is the proposal from OASIS as to how we handle our namespace issue - comments from the TC ?

I think this is probably the best we will be able to do and this soounds like the same type of scheme thta Jeff and Ron were describing on our call today.

Cheers
Kelvin

Kelvin:

I can't seem to find it either, but here's the brief description. Until
OASIS can build a document management system that includes the
functionality, we will provide to TCs who need a persistent URL the
following:

Upon request from the TC chair or editor, the OASIS webmaster will
create a URL in the form www.docs.oasis-open.org/<tcname>/<docname> and
build a redirect so that the URL points to a document residing in the
Kavi repository. When the document in the repository is updated the TC
chair or editor should inform the webmaster so that the redirect can be
updated to point to the later document.

Note that the <docname> above should conform to the OASIS file naming
scheme, and should be usable for the entire lifetime of the doc, from
early drafts through approval as an OASIS Standard.

Because this will be a manual process we don't want to offer to all TCs
for all documents but only those TCs such as WSS that have a specific
need for this.

-Karl