wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] SOAP MustUnderstand issue

> Not seeing value in this as these sub-elements have the same mustUnderstand
> semantics associated with the wsse:Security header by default

The originator sends a message without mU set.  An intermediary adds to
the WSS header and element that needs mU (such as one containing the
"notAfter" element mentioned yesterday).  Now what happens?  Should that
intermediary force mU on the global WSS element?  Should that
intermediary have the "right" to impose header-wide semantics that
conflict with the security policy of the originator?  I think the
answers should be no, therefore we need finer grain.
	/r$
--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect
DataPower Technology                           http://www.datapower.com