wss message

Subject: Problem with document URLs

There is a conflict of document URLs.

The permanent URL for WS-Security2004 document is
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-securit
y-1.0.pdf

The Document Location listed in the final PDF (line 9) is
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-securit
y-1.0
Missing extension ".pdf".

Which URL should we use for base URI?
The same applies to the URL for Username Token profile and X.509 Token
profile.

Regards,
--
Kojiro Nakayama
Hitachi, Ltd.
kojiro@sdl.hitachi.co.jp

Subject: Web page updated, final docs posted, redirects in place
From: Kelvin Lawrence <klawrenc@us.ibm.com>
To: wss@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:56:00 -0500

Folks, several bits of news to pass along vis-a-vis the web page and our
newly approved standards documents.

I just completed an update to the TC web page [1] that makes it easy to find
our new standards and provides a placeholder/pointer to our pending errata
materials. I have also updated the page to include links to the other work
in progress token profiles etc. as people seem to be having trouble finding
them.

Also, the OASIS staff have just posted the pointers to our standards to the
OASIS standards page at [2]

Also, as promised, the OASIS staff have now created five permanent URLs
(redirects) that will be guaranteed to always point to our schemas and
documents. These URLs are below [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] I have updated the web
page to point to our standards documents using these URLs. So no matter what
happens behind the scenes with the document management system, these URLs
should always redirect people to the right place. This also gives us a
static base URL for our documents that should not ever change.

Further, the OASIS staff have updated the title page of our new standards
documents to show the status of the documents as being OASIS standards and
the date of the standard. The base URL and a pointer to the WSS TC web page
has also been added to the cover pages. The documents have been uploaded and
you probably all saw the system messages notifying you of that in case you
wondered what that was all about.

So, it has taken a while to get all of this sorted out with the OASIS staff
while we waited for them to figure out the way they wanted this to work but
I think we are now done. We appreciate the help we have received from Karl
Best and his team. Please check out the web page [1] and let me know if you
see any blunders. Thanks!

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=wss
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/specs/index.php
[3]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-soap-message-securit
y-1.0.pdf
[4]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-username-token-profi
le-1.0.pdf
[5]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-x509-token-profile-1
.0.pdf
[6]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.
0.xsd
[7]
http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1
.0.xsd

Cheers
Kelvin

Kelvin R. Lawrence
Distinguished Engineer
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
IBM Software Group. 11400 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758.
Office +1 (512) 838-0924   Mobile +1 (512) 699 1184   Fax: +1 (512) 838-0169
e-mail: klawrenc@us.ibm.com