wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] SOAP with Attachments Proposal

dims

The "out of band"  simply meant that key information could be conveyed out of band for the receiver to know how to decrypt, e.g. the <xenc:EncryptedData> element contains no <ds:KeyInfo> element or no security token related to the key is conveyed.

The general processing rules for decrypting are in the SOAP Message Security standard, with the statement that if a key is conveyed with a security token, then the <ds:KeyInfo> element should use a <wsse:SecurityTokenReference> to the token.

I'm not sure we need to spell this out in this SwA profile, but could.

Am I missing more aspects of your comment? (Are you also asking can a certificate be conveyed in an attachment?)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia