wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Comments on SAML Token Profile

> Any implementation that has done the above to support the wsu
namespace
> with local name "Id" should find it straight forward to also then
support
> the saml namespace with local name "AssertionID".

This would push us further down the slippery slope of changing our
parsers to recognize each special ID attribute as it arrives on our door
step.  This is not only bad design but it creates a huge deployment
problem.

For a better design and solution to this problem I suggest you check out
the W3C xml:id Version 1.0 Working Draft [1].  For those new to this
problem I suggest you check out the W3C TAG issue [2] from which the
xml:id work originated.

/paulc

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-id-20040407/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues.html?type=1#xmlIDSemantics-32