wss message

Subject: SwA profile

Before producing a revised draft of the SwA profile, I would appreciate
insight on the following two issues from those concerned with SwA
security support.

A. Attachment-Complete transform.
We can simplify the profile by removing this. The threat of attachment
modification or deletion can be addressed by referencing each attachment
in a single <ds:Signature> if desired.
The only reason to keep this is to make explicit a processing rule that
all attachments are covered by the signature, addressing attachment
insertion threat. I believe such an explicit statement is appropriate,
so propose keeping this transform, but maybe there is a better approach.

B. Support for Content-Location
The current draft only supports URL CID-scheme references to attachments
containing Content-Id headers. It is also possible to support
Content-Location references that require a URL resolution mechanism to
relate a URL to a Content-Location header in an attachment.

I think that only CID need be supported since any sender can add a
Content-Id header to attachments as needed. This can make the spec
simpler, and receiver processing simpler, eliminating the URL resolution
requirement. Is there an argument to support Content-Location?

Note that the attachment decrypt transform material is to be removed
(see previous email).

If there is material missing to address your specific SOAP message level
SwA security requirements, please indicate so.

Thank you

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia